Thursday 21 April 2011

Why people should vote for me

People should vote for me because Wales is facing massive problems that the current government cannot solve. The Labour-Plaid coalition underfunds our school children by £600 per child, per year. This has delivered exam results that have fallen behind the the rest of the UK when our schools were once the envy of Europe. As a Welsh Liberal Democrat I will remedy this by freeing up teachers to teach and investing more money directly into schools.

The Labour-Plaid government allows massive waste in the NHS and protects high salaried management jobs whilst cancer care is left to decay. I will fight to ensure we cut spending money on expensive car hire schemes and invest it in ensuring waiting lists are cut and cancer care is prioritised. I will insist on a review of NHS waste unlike the current AM who has voted against investigating the £1bn of misspent funding. Our NHS is a national treasure and unfortunately under the current government in Cardiff it is being mismanaged.

Finally I will work all year round for residents of all the wards in Alyn and Deeside. From my campaigning I am hearing the same message of neglect and apathy. People are telling me they havent seen their AM or even know his name. This is a travesty and highlights why politicians have a bad name. I will promise to do my utmost to represent Alyn and Deeside in Cardiff and ensure that the people feel that their AM works hard for them and delivers value for money.

No comments:

Post a Comment